The proper drainage solution for your yard can lead to a beautiful lush lawn, freeing you from an unusable one. You don’t want to go through the horrors of trying to endure a wet and swampy outdoor area when you have guests. At Circle D Construction, we provide the answers to these issues through our experience handling drainage issues. We have helped many families keep their yards green and updated.
A French drain system helps decrease problematic water buildup in certain parts of your yard. We can carry the water to designated drainage through a perforated pipe, creating a path of little resistance.
Are you experiencing water pooling after rains? You may need surface drains. These are landscaping elements that drain water away and prevent puddles from filling up.
A sump pump can be a handy solution if you’re experiencing flooding or constantly soggy lawns. It is a natural pit carved below your basement or foundation’s surface. The sump will automatically move water away, preventing it from flooding your home.
An issue that many homeowners encounter is a buildup of water caused by misaligned slopes. We adjust the surface by regrading, so water flows wherever you want to direct it.
Retaining walls act as a way to manage drainage and support different areas of your home. It can be a way to level the surface while giving you freedom with design, making it an element that improves your property’s aesthetics. They serve multiple purposes and are a solution for many yard problems.
Landscape Drainage Systems
Creating the perfect lawn can be difficult when you have drainage issues. The most beautiful outdoor areas have mindful surfaces with solutions that prevent buildup. The secret to a green and healthy lawn comes down to well-placed landscape drainage solutions.
Signs Of Drainage Issues
The first step to creating a beautiful yard is to figure out if it has issues. We have to know the source of the issue to address the problem and prevent it from ballooning. Here are some signs you should look out for when looking at your yard’s drainage:
- Pooling water in downspout areas
- Soggy ground areas
- Areas that collect water after rain (Low spots and uneven surfacing)
- Standing water that persists and doesn't absorb into the ground
- Soil erosion
- Signs of unevenness
- Water damage in structures
Causes Of Drainage Issues
The signs above are only the symptoms — not the source of the issues. There could be many reasons why these problems occur, and some are easier to spot than others. Here’s what you need to look out for as the most common causes:
- A high water table that keeps water at surface level
- Obstacles preventing the water’s natural path — could be anything from plants to buildings
- Hard ground that prevents water absorption
- Debris blocking pathways or cracks in the structures — could appear in gutters or other structural areas on the property
- Uneven ground
Those at lower elevations may experience landscape drainage issues often. It’s also possible that the recent actions of your neighbors are the reason you are having trouble right now. For example, a neighbor who recently installed a retaining wall could be leading water to pass through your yard. While you can’t control others’ actions, you can find a solution through proper landscape drain cleaning.
Landscape Drainage Solutions
Each drainage problem you experience requires a unique solution. Having professional training ensures that you can get the right plan into place to address these concerns. Homeowners need a team that understands specific needs and can plan to solve them. Here are some of the ways our team can help:
- Redirect water to acceptable exit points
- Prevent soil erosion and stop water from passing through unwanted areas
- Cleaning and repairing structures like downspouts or gutters
- Changing soil or plants that can do a better job of absorption or blocking
- Remove obstacles, create new paths, or add drainage to specific areas
What Can Professionals Do?
There may be some actions that you can do to prevent or resolve the issue. For example, cleaning the gutters or replacing them can be DIY. However, most drainage problems require skilled work. That’s where we come in, providing solutions that only professionals can implement. Some examples include:
- Even a surface or regrade your lawn area.
- Install retaining walls.
- Create a custom landscaping plan that prevents water buildup.
- Install a new drainage system, which may include a sump pump.
- Create a new slope to prevent water from reaching your foundation.
- Conduct regular landscape drain maintenance to prevent issues.
Why You Need To Address the Problem
Even after tracking the problem and the source, you have to resolve the issue as soon as possible. While you can procrastinate if the issue doesn’t directly affect your home now, it may open the door for dire consequences. Here’s why you should always prioritize fixing drainage problems:
- Water damage can attract harmful mold and disease-bearing insects.
- Poor drainage will affect your home’s resale value.
- You could end up with a damaged foundation, costing you lots of money.
- Water buildup kills the beautiful green plants and grass at your property.
If your yard is suffering from drainage problems, contact Circle D Construction. We provide landscape drainage solutions through customized plans. You’ll end up with an outdoor area you’ll love!