Patio covers serve many purposes in your outdoor area. They can be attached to your home to protect landings, patios, or spaces that store vehicles. They can also become a free-standing focal point used for outdoor entertainment. Circle D Construction designs and builds patio covers of all types. We’ll work with your custom plans and ideas as well. Circle D Construction can build these solid-roofed wooden structures in a variety of shapes and sizes, and each are designed to fit seamlessly into your landscape. When you use the team at Circle D Construction, you’re ensured beautiful, top quality structures backed by a company-provided warranty.
There are many ways to enjoy your yard, but a covered patio can help you make the most of your outdoor space. When you’re designing your outdoor area, consider your options for structures and choose one that will allow you to enjoy your space the way you want to.
Patio Cover or Pergola?
Covered patios and pergolas are frequently compared, or even confused, but they are two different structures with a few key differences.
- Pergolas are separate structures, placed to create an independent area. A patio cover is most often attached to another structure, like a house or a garage.
- A patio cover is meant to protect from the elements, by fully covering the top of the structure. Pergolas, on the other hand, only have a partially covered top to block some sunlight.
- Covered patios are meant to be a continuation of your living space, and can suit multiple needs. Pergolas are a slightly less functional structure, but are often used as part of the landscaping, offering a structure for plants to grow on.
Get Your Patio Cover Built by Circle D
Contact us today to get an estimate on a custom-built patio cover today.
Why Add a Patio Cover to Your Outdoor Area?
A covered patio area is a major addition to any outdoor space. Taking the time to plan, build, and add finishing touches to a patio can bring some major benefits, like those listed below, to your home’s hardscaping design.
- Take your living area outside, extending the amount of useable space. Add outdoor furniture to turn your covered patio into a comfortable living space for relaxing with family or entertaining friends.
- Relax in the shade. When the temperature rises, you don’t need to be forced indoors. You can still cook, relax, entertain, and have fun outside when you choose a patio cover to block the sun.
- Enjoy your space during all seasons. Outdoor areas aren’t just for perfect weather days. Include an outdoor heater to stay warm on coolers nights and let the patio cover protect during rainy days.
- Decrease energy bills while benefiting from an outdoor living area. The patio cover will help keep your home cooled down, reducing your energy bills and keeping you comfortable throughout the year.
- Add value to your home. When you’re ready to sell, your covered patio will be a huge selling point to potential buyers. With a well staged outdoor area, your home will appeal to those looking for extra space for living and entertaining.
Choosing Patio Cover Materials
As with all hardscaping design elements, you’ll have the option of many different materials that can be used in creating a patio cover. Consider the following when choosing materials.
- With a goal of your patio cover protecting you from the elements, you’ll need materials that are strong and durable.
- In addition to blocking rain, make sure that the materials you choose will hold up against heat.
- Your patio is an extension of your home, so take the materials used on other areas of the building into consideration. You might use the same materials, or different options that coordinate.
Opting for a Patio Cover Instead of Fabric
A fabric cover for a patio may be a less expensive option, but there are several reasons for choosing a patio cover structure instead.
- A patio cover is a permanent solution to protecting your patio from weather and shielding you from the sun.
- Fabric covers may work well for a season, but they won’t last over time. You’ll find yourself replacing the cover, or coming around to a permanent fixture in the future. Save money over time by investing in the beginning.
- A patio cover will protect your patio furniture and decorative accessories throughout the year. Fabric can often get the job done as well, but has a much higher risk of being damaged. Choosing a permanent option can offer peace of mind, even during harsh storms.
- Fabric covers won’t offer the same addition to your home value as a strong wood framed cover.
Designing your Patio Cover for All Seasons
There are some unique challenges and excellent opportunities when you bring your living space outdoors. Consider the following points when designing and decorating your space.
- When designing your space, think ahead to how you’ll use the area. Include outlets for electronics and think about ceiling fans to keep the area cool in the warmer weather.
- Patio furniture and accessories have evolved greatly over time, and you can easily find pieces that fit all design styles. With a huge variety of materials and designs available, your outdoor area will rival the look of the inside of your home.
- Choosing materials to use outdoors can sometimes be tricky, as you consider how the pieces will hold up in all weather. Using a patio cover can cut down on the risk. A cover protects against the weather and keeps your furniture looking great.
When you’re ready to upgrade your yard by installing a solid, durable patio cover, call the professionals at Circle D Construction. The team will help you design and create an outdoor space that you’ll love spending time in.